Digital SLR Photography #170
Whether it’s recording movement as a blur or freezing fast action, our Photo Expert guide explains how best to master motion for amazing shots. Our Photo Workshop heads into the city after dark to test one reader’s low-light skills. Caroline Schmidt sits down with David Newton in the Big Interview and discusses how he has found success without a specialism. In Hotshot, Bryan Peterson chats about his new book and offers advice for those wanting to capture better portraits. In Photo Expedition, Lee Frost shares his secrets of Iceland, the home to the most awe-inspiring scenery in Europe. We’ll also show you how to add a little sparkle to your portraits, make foreground interest the most prominent part of the image, shoot low-light portraits with a dash of festive magic, and we reveal simple steps to removing image noise.
- Photo Skills: How to add some sparkle to your portraits
- Photo Expert: 15 expert tips for mastering motion
- Hotshot: Shoot great pictures of people with Bryan Peterson
- Workshop: One reader takes a low-light city challenge
- Photo Expedition: Lee Frost takes an Icelandic adventure
- Gear: Panasonic’s full-frame mirrorless Lumix S5 tested