The MagPi magazine #94
Introducing Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM. With twice the memory of any previous Raspberry Pi, and 40 times the power of the original board; the new 8GB model is a monster! Discover what you can do with the ultra-powerful Raspberry Pi 4 in this month’s edition of The MagPi magazine.
Inside The MagPi magazine #94
- 8GB Raspberry Pi 4. Where to buy and how to make the most of 8GB RAM. Plus! Exclusive interview with Eben Upton (inventor of Raspberry Pi) on the upgrade to 8GB and the march to 64-bit computing.
- Develop a 3D camera. Use two Raspberry Pi Zero computers and High Quality Cameras to record stunning 3D images.
- Make a digital SLR. Hack an official case to look like a digital camera.
- HAL 9000. Using Google Assistant to recreate the computer from the classic movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Game of Life. A beautiful tribute to John Conway with Raspberry Pi and four 8x8 Adafruit LED grids.
- Building a thermal camera. How Martin Mander turned a library scanner into a handheld thermal camera (called ‘Apollo Pi’).
- Smart Doorbell. How one reader used a Raspberry Pi, camera, and screen to build a two-way video intercom system.
- Giant Battleships. Playing a classic game of Battleships on a giant LED matrix.
- Coffee Maker ‘Greenhouse’. Upcycling an old coffee machine into a plant-watering gardening assistant.
- This project keeps an eye on bee life cycles with Raspberry Pi and live hive data.
- Raspberry Pi loft bed. Transform a bunk bed with LED lights and an embedded display.