Digital SLR Photography #164
WELCOME TO THE JULY 2020 ISSUE of Digital SLR Photography. In our new series, The A to Z of Photography, we will expand your photo knowledge with our jargon-free explanations of all the most common photo terms: this issue we cover letters A - C. In our technique special, we suggest how to make the most of homeschooling by teaching your kids photography. Put your child behind the camera instead of in front for a change and see what creativity it unleashes in them. Our Photo Expert guide sees close-up specialist Ross Hoddinott provide 15 of his favourite tips and techniques for garden photography this spring and summer and, in Raw Talent, three pro photographers show how differently one Raw file can be processed. In the Big Interview, internationally-recognised celebrity portrait photographer Rory Lewis speaks to Caroline Schmidt about photography after Covid-19, his upcoming exhibition and new book, while Ross Hoddinott visits North Cornwall for our Photo Expedition. Shaped by the sea and the weather, Cornwall is an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and should be high on any landscape photographer’s bucket-list to explore. We’ll also show you how to capture surreal night-time landscapes, some fine and dandy macro photography and how to manipulate a mirror’s reflection.
- Photo Skills: How to teach your kids photography.
- The A to Z of Photography: Jargon-busting photographic terms.
- Photo Expert: Tips and techniques for garden photography.
- Photo Expedition: Ross Hoddinott explores North Cornwall.
- Raw talent: Three pros reveal their favourite Raw editing skills.
- Gear: The Sony’s full-frame mirrorless Alpha 7R IV tested.