HackSpace magazine #31
Smart homes are full of amazing possibilities – you can connect devices to the internet, then to your phone, so that you get more control over your stuff. It's a win win. Or at least it would be if Big Tech weren't breaking, changing its user agreements, and selling your information to the highest bidder.
That's why you need a DIY smart home! Create your own Internet of Things and you can get all the upsides without any of the downsides, and you get a better smart home too, because it's all designed around you.
And there’s more…
- Find a new use for an old car stereo
- Monitor air quality with a sensor-packed Feather board
- Design bespoke ornaments in Tinkercad
- Get to know the work of iFixit, the world's largest online repair manual
- Find a perfect maker kit to beat boredom and teach you new skills
- Marvel at a basic, though awesome hack for the new Raspberry Pi high Quality Camera module
- Plus: tons more makes, builds and creations